An old friend commented on my Hospital Bag packing list asking if I had any updates now that I actually have “been there, done that” so of course that inspired a blog post. After reviewing my original list I feel like I packed really well. I left the diaper bag and Ali’s clothes at home for my mom to bring after Ali was born because I know we would be changing rooms. One additional thing I had someone bring from home was a couple of my own towels for when I finally got to shower.
- License and Insurance Card
- Extra Pillows: I defiantly used my pillow for extra comfort. I had to kind of lay on my side so it helped having extra pillows under me.
- 2 Night Gowns: I only used one but it doesn’t hurt to have a spare
- a Cotton Robe: Didn’t Use.
- 3 Nursing Sleep Bras: I used one.
- A Box of Nursing Pads: Didn’t Use
- Slippers and Slipper socks: Yes I was out walking the halls after my c-section
- 3 Pairs of Big Comfy Undies: since I had a c-section I wore the lovely undies they game me
- Toothbrush/ Toothpaste: Yes!
- Hairbrush and hairbands: Yes!
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Yes!
- Fase Wash: Yes!
- Makeup: No… after my c-section it was all I could manage was a shower
- Chapstick: Yes
- Tylenol: No-because I had a c-section I was on pain medications
- Stool Softener: No
- Comfy Discharge Clothes: Yes
- Car Seat is already installed in the Car – We have the Britax B-Safe : Of course we used this
- 4 Long sleeved Pajamas (I like the gowns that fold over the hands): Yes, I feel like we went trough more than 4
- 2 swaddle blankets: Needed more
- Mits: yes they were so helpful to keep baby from scratching
- Socks: Yes
- about 15 diapers: No we didn’t finish the pack from the hospital
- wipes: Yes
- Pacifier: Yes… the hospital gave us one but she didn’t like that one
- Baby Book: No… I am designing one to be printed
- Cute Going Home Outfit: Yes
- Couple Changes of Clothes: Yes… but really just shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in. We live so close to the hospital that he was able to shower and change at home.
- Magazine/ Book or Ipad: No
- drinks and snacks: He had family bring him food
- Call list that I made for him: I never really made this
- Camera: yes
- Toiletrieyes (toothbrush)
- Phone Charger: yes, could have used one for each phone.