Just a few more days to the big cake smashing event. Even though my sweet baby has bit of a runny nose I know she will have so much fun. I can’t wait to give her the giant cupcake for her to dig into. We are keeping the menu pretty simple for the party. Grilled hot dogs, chips and fruited chicken salad. I love fruited chicken and though it would but a nice touch to the menu. For desert, frosted sugar cookies from Publix (they were a last minute splurge), Teacup Cup Cakes and Ali will have her cake made with my giant cupcake cake pan.
Kate’s Fruited Chicken Salad:
- Lb of Chicken
- 2-3 Apples – chopped
- 1 can of chunked Pineapples
- About a stem full of Grapes – chopped
- Boil (or cook in slow cooker) a pound of chicken
- Shred Chicken – I use a little KitchenAid Chopper
- Mix in copped up apples, pineapple, and grapes
- Mix in mayonnaise (I use a couple big spoonfuls)
- Chill in Refrigerator (I think it taste even better the next day)
These photos were from my trial run of making the Teacup CupCakes. You can bake the cupcakes in the teacups as long as they are oven safe. I wasn’t sure about my teacups so I let them preheat with the oven then I filled them with batter. I decorated the plates with removable vinyl and my Silhouette Cameo.