I like Chicken Salad but I tend to steer clear of it unless I made it because I can not stand onions. At a few of my baby showers I had this amazing fruited chicken salad. I liked it so much I decided to make my own version. Oh and please forgive me, I do not measure…. I just made it all but sight and taste.
Kate’s Fruited Chicken Salad:
- Lb of Chicken
- 2-3 Apples – chopped
- 1 can of chunked Pineapples
- About a stem full of Grapes – chopped
- Boil (or cook in slow cooker) a pound of chicken
- Shred Chicken – I use a little KitchenAid Chopper
- Mix in copped up apples, pineapple, and grapes
- Mix in mayonnaise (I use a couple big spoonfuls)
- Chill in Refrigerator (I think it taste even better the next day)
It taste great on little Hawaiian rolls or sliders. I don’t add any spices to mine I just like to let all the fruit flavors mix together but you could totally make it your own by using your favorite fruits and spices.