On the drive home we excitedly talked about the house that might become our new home but when I lay down at night my mind starts to think about the scariness of such a big change. Then the bittersweetness sets in as I think about the past 5 years in our house. When Chris and I bought out first home it was a very exciting time for us as we were also planning our wedding. I knew that this would not be our forever home but I have loved the 5 years we spent here making this home ours.
We have been talking about selling for a long time and finally put the house on the market when the time seemed right. Even though it is hard to say goodbye I believe things happen for a reason and if it wasn’t meant to be than it wouldn’t have sold in just 3 short weeks to the first couple who looked. Yes, three short weeks!
I will never forget…
- The way my face lit up when I saw the backyard and dog door in the building outback.
- 3 years later we Finally got a dog for that yard!
- Coming home from our honeymoon to the decorated door and hallway from my sweet best friends and former roommates.
- We painted, and painted, and even barter my photography services for painting services.
- The excitement and craziness of finally redoing the kitchen… I will miss that custom back splash.
- Having “Thankful for our Friends” Thanksgiving and cooking my first Thanksgiving Turkey…. “I have to pull what out of where!“
- Our First Snow
- Chris’ Birthday Fiesta Surprise
- Woodworking projects in the back yard.
- Competitive games of Just Dance and Wake boarding on the Wii down in the den.
- Locking Meg, myself and our 2 dogs out back while Chris was working 2 hours away. Meg crawling through the dog door to retrieve tools from the building and asking sweet neighbors for help. Those dang trick locks.
- The building outback that was… the studio, the office, the brew house.
- Sitting at the Kitchen table sewing the quilt for the nursery.
- Setting up the nursery.
- My pregnant winter.
- The countless I love you’s
- Bringing Ali Home
- Our first Mother’s Day and Father’s Day
- Experiencing the first 3 months of parenthood.
- Becoming a Family