I was so excited to try Silhouette’s Heat Transfer Material. I decided to make family inspired throw pillows, one with an Anthropologie inspired monogram, one with our dogs silhouette and one with our baby’s handprint. I will go into more detail about how I created the dog silhouette and handprint in future post, for today lets look at how easy it is to work with Silhouette Heat Transfer Material.
1. Insert the material (no matt) with the shiny clear backing down. Don’t forget to adjust the feed rollers to fit the material.
2. Set your blade to the correct setting. When you select Heat Transfer Material in Silhouette Studio it will give you a blade setting, however every machine is different so I strongly recommend doing the test cut. Use the arrows to move your blade to and area outside your design. The test cut will make a small square with a triangle in it.
3. When you are cutting heat transfer you must flip your image.
4. Use the hook to weed your image.
6. If any area gets pulled up replace the cloth and iron again.